The mission statement of the West Nyack Free Library, represented by its Trustees and Staff, is to provide in a friendly and attractive atmosphere, a wide range of materials, both print and non-print, which will assist all patrons and encourage them to:
- Educate themselves continually
- Keep pace with progress in all fields
- Become better citizens of home and community
- Be more capable in their daily occupation
- Appreciate and enjoy works of Art and Literature
- Making such use of leisure time as will promote personal and social well-being
- Contribute to the growth of knowledge
- Appreciate the worth of each individual
- Recognize the need of human dignity
- Nurture the capacity for self-improvement
The library promulgates the tenet that a well-informed citizenry is essential in a community, and that library is an essential component in the total community.
The library serves as a learning and education center for all residents of the community.
Confirmed by the Board of Trustees and incorporated into the Plan of Service 2004 – 2008.