1. How do I obtain a library card?
2. What kinds of items can I borrow and how long may I keep an item out?
3. Where can I return borrowed items?
4. Is there a way to return borrowed items when the library is closed?
5 . How can I renew an item?
6. Why am I sometimes unable to renew an item online?
7. How do I access my account online?
8. What can I do online within my account?
9. What if i cannot find what I am looking for?
Library cards are free to anyone residing in West Nyack and Bardonia, as well as parts of Nanuet. If you are not sure whether you live in our service area, please don't hesitate to call us at (845) 358-6081 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to obtain a card you need come into the library with the following:
- A current Driver's License
- A Picture ID and an official piece of mail (i.e. utility bill) that has your current address.
You can click here to apply online. Please fill in all required fields. if you include your email address we will notify you when your card is processed or you may call the Circulation Department at (845)358-6081 ext 6, to check the status of your application. When you come to pick up your card please bring the above-mentioned identification.
Your borrowing privileges are effective immediately at all of the Ramapo Catskill Library (RCLS) locations. Library cards do not expire.
You may borrow books, magazines, DVDs, audiobooks, Nooks, music CDs, and Museum Passes. The loan periods vary so please check the receipt you receive when you checkout the material or access your account online. (see question 7)
You may return borrowed items to any library within RCLS. For a list of member libraries within Rockland County click here.
Yes, we have two Return Slots located to the right of the main entrance on the front of the building. You may use these slots whether the library is open or closed. The bins are emptied and items are checked in throughout the day.
Renewals are easy. There are several ways to renew:
- Log in to your account (see question 7)
Call us during regular Library Hours at (845) 358-6081 x6
Stop by our Circulation Desk
There are a few different reasons why an item may not renew
There are outstanding fines on your card in excess of $10.00.
The item is too long overdue and has been changed to a "LOST" status.
There is a request by another library patron for the item.
You can access your account by going to the link "Library Catalog/My Account" in the gray tab at the top of this page. Once in the next page click on the "My Account" hyperlink at the top right. You will then be asked to enter the barcode that is on your library card and your PIN. The default setting for the PIN is the last four digits of the phone number in your library card account.
There are four tabs, Personal Information; Checkouts; Holds and Fines.
- Personal Information allows you to change your PIN.
- Checkouts allows you to see what you have out and to renew any of those items. To renew, click in the check box to select any item you wish to renew, then click on the blue "Renew" button below.
Holds allows you to see any items that you have requested.
Our staff can search the library catalog and most often if we cannot find it here, we can find the item at another library. We can place a hold for you andhave the item sent here. Depending on the availability, you may have the item within a week.